Winter season is upon us, and with this comes many early morning drives and visits to the Weather Channel. The decision to go to school, delay, or close can sometimes can be challenging. We are here to educate our students, but not at the expense of their safety. Many of the area schools collaborate in the morning prior to making decisions. That does not mean we all do the same thing. I try to make the decision on our status for the day no later than 5:45 am. I understand the challenges of lining up sitters on these non-typical days. That is also why I do not like to delay only to close later. In the case that this may happen, that final decision would be made no later than 7:30 am. I do get the question about early releases due to weather conditions. This, too, is difficult to accomplish as many parents work and would not be home when students are released. Also, if it is getting bad in the early afternoon, road crews usually would not have time to attend to the roads before an early release. Many times that extra hour or two is very helpful for them to address road needs.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support for our schools. Anytime you have questions or concerns, please contact me either by telephone at 419-368-8501 or email at email@example.com.