Welcome to the Transportation Web Page!
JEROMESVILLE (updated 8/3/20, 8/12/20)--Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some transportation protocols are being changed for the 2020-2021 school year.
Ashland-West Holmes Career Center students
- are scheduled to begin August 31, 2020, with Hillsdale Local Schools providing transportation to all Hillsdale students who need it from their homes directly to the Career Center through September 4.
- After that, students will be transported via their regular routes.
Bus Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Effective for the 2020-2021 school year, students are required to be:
- picked up at the same location on all days in attendance
- dropped off at the same location on all days in attendance
While a pick up and drop off may be different in the morning and afternoon, they must stay consistent.
- For example, a student may have a pick up at their home address on all days in attendance and be dropped off at a different address on all days in attendance.
- Student requests to ride home in the afternoon with another student or an alternate stop will no longer be allowed.
- Effective for the 2020-2021 school year, students are required to be:
Parent Drop-Off & Pick-Up
All students who have been dropped off or need picked up by a parent will need to do so at the student's assigned building.
The school district expects parents to conduct a wellness check prior to their children boarding the school bus.
- If a student has a temperatrue of 100.4 degrees or higher, they should not be sent to school.
Upon arrival at their respective buildings, all students will have their temperatures taken.
- If a student has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, his or her parent will be contacted to pick up the student.
- The school district expects parents to conduct a wellness check prior to their children boarding the school bus.
- Maintain social distancing.
Riding the Bus
- Use provided hand sanitizer when boarding the bus.
- Facial coverings for students will follow the district protocol.
- Go directly to your assigned seat.
- Sit next to the window.
- Seat assignments will be one student per seat, unless there are family members.
- Windows will be open for ventilation, weather permitting.
- Follow the driver's rules when entering and exiting the bus.
- will have a temperature check daily when arriving to work.
- will wear a facial covering.
- will be parked at the high school when not in use.
- will be sanitized after every run.
If Hillsdale is ordered to close or Ashland County is deemed purple under the Ohio Public Health Advisory System, we will declare it unsafe to transport any students, whether in-district or out-of-district.
Following, please find the transportation details for each of the 2020-2021 plans relating to COVID-19. The district could switch between any of the plans depending on Governor DeWine's orders, circumstances in Ashland County or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our schools.
- Gold Day Students--Students whose last names begin with the letters A-K will be transported. Exceptions may be made for students in the same family with different last names.
Blue Day Students--Students whose last names begin with the letters L-Z will be transported. Exceptions may be made for students in the same family with different last names.
- All three buildings' schedules align so that all family members will attend school in person on the same scheduled days.
Transportation Supervisor Ora Flickinger
Please contact the Transportation Department at 419-368-8519 if you need assistance.
- If you are unable to contact transportation between the hours of 6:00 AM to 3:30 PM, please call 419-368-8502.
- If you call outside of business hours, please leave a voicemail at 419-368-8519.