Welcome to the Transportation Web Page!
JEROMESVILLE (8/11/21)--Based on federal mandates, some transportation protocols continue to be different for the 2021-2022 school year.
Ashland-West Holmes Career Center students
- are scheduled to begin August 23, 2021, with Hillsdale Local Schools providing transportation to all Hillsdale students who need it from their homes directly to the Career Center through September 3, 2021, in addition to any other day that Hillsdale is not in session but the Career Center is.
- After that, students will be transported via their regular routes.
Bus Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Beginning the 2020-2021 school year, students are required to be:
- picked up at the same location on all days in attendance
- dropped off at the same location on all days in attendance
While a pick up and drop off may be different in the morning and afternoon, they must stay consistent.
- For example, a student may have a pick up at their home address on all days in attendance and be dropped off at a different address on all days in attendance.
- Student requests to ride home in the afternoon with another student or an alternate stop will no longer be allowed.
- Beginning the 2020-2021 school year, students are required to be:
Parent Drop-Off & Pick-Up
All students who have been dropped off or need picked up by a parent will need to do so at the student's assigned building.
The school district requests parents to conduct a wellness check prior to their children boarding the school bus.
- If a student has a temperatrue of 100.4 degrees or higher, they should not be sent to school.
- The school district requests parents to conduct a wellness check prior to their children boarding the school bus.
- Maintain social distancing.
Riding the Bus
- Use provided hand sanitizer when boarding the bus.
Masks will be required to be worn by all riders per the CDC guidelines, which includes school buses.
UPDATED 2/28/22 Masks are now optional per the CDC guidelines except for those required to wear masks per other protocols.
- Go directly to your assigned seat.
- Seat assignments will be two students per seat. Children could be seated with others not from their household, though siblings will be the first consideration.
- Windows will be open for ventilation, weather permitting.
- Follow the driver's rules when entering and exiting the bus.
will wear a facial covering.
- UPDATED 2/28/22 Masks are now optional per the CDC guidelines except for those required to wear masks per other protocols.
- will be parked at the high school when not in use.
- will be sanitized after every run.
If Hillsdale is ordered to close per state or local authorities, we will declare it unsafe to transport any students, whether in-district or out-of-district.
Transportation Supervisor Ora Flickinger
Please contact the Transportation Department at 419-368-8519 if you need assistance.
- If you are unable to contact transportation between the hours of 6:00 AM to 3:30 PM, please call 419-368-8502.
- If you call outside of business hours, please leave a voicemail at 419-368-8519.