JEROMESVILLE (9/4/20)--Hillsdale Local Schools is excited to offer all its students free meals through December for the 2020-2021 school year regardless of their free or reduced-lunch eligibility. This is in addition to delivering meals for students' remote or virtual days.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved Hillsdale for free meals based on the percentage of Free and Reduced-Lunch eligible students in the district.
For the district to be considered for funds like these, it is crucial that Hillsdale families complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application.
This helps the district qualify for additional federal funding and grant money that can be used to benefit all students in the district.
Many people choose not to complete this application because they do not need assistance with lunch costs, but that could be taking away a significant amount of money from the district.
We ask that you please complete the form today even if you do not need or want to use the assistance.
Those who are Free and Reduced-Lunch eligible also have their school fees waived, but families must apply to determine eligibility.
APPLY FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH
The process is updated and easy.
- Log into the PaySchools account to complete the application.
The student ID that is requested is the same as the lunch code.
- If you do not have a code, please contact Food Services Director Ora Flickinger using the information at the bottom of this page.
- All information is 100% confidential and is not shared.
Locating the Free and Reduced-Lunch Application
On the right-hand side of the screen in the white section, there is a section three-quarters of the way down the column labeled "School District." Under that is the Free and Reduced-Lunch Application.
REQUEST MEAL DELIVERY
As was announced August 21, the district is offering meal delivery at no charge to families.
- All three-days' worth of meals, five days for Virtual Classroom students, will be delivered on Wednesdays with the first delivery being September 9.
If you would like meals to be delivered, please fill out the request form.
- Families who were receiving meals this spring and summer must request delivery again for the fall.
- An update to the August 21 announcement: due to this initiative, those who are not free or reduced-lunch eligible will not be charged for meals.
On the day of the delivery,
- please provide a cooler to place meals in.
- stay inside during the delivery for your safety and our staff's.
Again, we respectfully encourage you to complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application and sincerely thank you for your time in applying.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Food Services Director Ora Flickinger at email@example.com or 419-368-8519.