Please Note: These protocols are no longer up-to-date. They are being retained for archival purposes only.
Please find the most up-to-date information on our COVID-19 hub page: http://www.hillsdale.k12.oh.us/district/covid-19
Updated Quarantine Guidance for Ohio Schools
Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff, Ohio Department of Health's Chief Medical Officer, held a press conference October 25 explaining the guidance for the new quarantine protocols for Ohio schools. This will take effect immediately for Hillsdale Local Schools in an effort to keep healthy students in school.
If a student/staff is exposed within the school setting (close contact), he/she can follow all of the steps below to remain in school instead of being quarantined outside of school:
New Protocols for Close Contact to Remain in School as of October 25, 2021
If a student is exposed within the school setting (close contact) and is involved in extracurricular activities, he/she can continue to participate by following the Test to Participate guidelines listed below:
- Wear a mask at all times during the extracurricular when not actively participating
- Test on day 1 of exposure/notification; if negative, the student can stay active
- Test again on day 7; if negative, the student can discontinue the quarantine protocols on day 8
- COVID-19 test must be PCR or Antigen with verification from the provider.
- All students and staff on school transportation will still be required to wear a mask.
- These guidelines do not apply to students or staff exposed outside of the school setting.
- Masks continue to be highly recommended for all students/staff within the school setting and at extracurricular activities.
- This updated information is based on the ODH guidance as of 10/25/21 and could change in the future.