Thank you to the Hillsdale FFA Chapter officers for planning the event, which looked very different from previous years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Traditionally, members travel to Indianapolis, IN, but instead, an in-person convention was held at the high school to allow members to still participate. Over the three days, there were virtual sessions with national speakers and also hands-on activites and in-person speakers.
Day 1, October 27, 2020
Theme: SERVICE & APPRECIATION
- attended the Welcome and Opening Sessions with the National FFA Officers
conducted service projects
- made tie blankets
- designed cards for Brethren Care Village residents
- created positive message Post-It notes to hang around the high school
- attended a FFA Student Workshop
- received promotional items from agricultural businesses
Thank you to Hillsdale FFA Alumni Weaver Leather and Wellington Implement for their donations for the day!
Day 2, October 28, 2020
Theme: Personal Growth
- listened to motivational words from Ashland City Mayor Matt Miller
- competed in dodgeball and knock out
- enjoyed delicious pizza from Ohio Fire
- watched the retiring address from National FFA Officer Kourtney Lehman
- watched Hillsdale graduates Blayne Bartter, Garrett Crites, Molly Moffett, and Hannah Way receive the American Degree, the highest degree that can be earned in FFA
Thank you to the following agricultural businesses and organizations for donating promotional items for the Hillsdale members: Hillsdale FFA Alumni, Heffelfinger Meats, Select Sires, Ertl Farm Toys, Nutrien Ag Solutions and Certified Angus Beef.
Day 3, October 29, 2020
- were trained in teamwork and leadership by HHS principal Mr. Baker
- listened to the retiring address of National President Koleson McCoy
- took advice from the Hillsdale FFA American Degree recipients
- received some great prizes and giveaways
Thank you to Farm Credit, Becks Hybrids and Hillsdale FFA Alumni for the items they donated!