JEROMESVILLE (8/25/20)--As Governor DeWine announced, the Ohio High School Athletic Association, in conjunction with the Governor’s Office and Ohio Department of Health, continues to move forward with plans to begin the fall sports seasons as scheduled.
The governor understands that interscholastic sports are different from other forms of competition because we are education-based and are able to implement best safety practices and have structure in place for dealing with COVID-19 restrictions.
So, if we want our students to have the privilege of competing in interscholastic athletics, it’s going to be up to all of us to make sure all mandates and protocols are being followed. We all need to be diligent and be disciplined.
Since physical distancing may not always be possible, the wearing of facial coverings becomes even more important.
- Fans will be required to wear a facial covering while attending sporting events at all times, except...
- Facial coverings may be removed while actively eating or drinking.
- While facial coverings are removed, please be seated and observe social distancing.
- Six feet social distancing should be observed at all times.
We ask that all families sit in “Family Units."
- This includes children, students, and grandparents.
- These seats will be marked on both home and visitors’ sides of the gym/stadium.
- There will be no student sections or children permitted roaming.
At the conclusion of the event, we ask that there be no congregating in the:
As soon as the event has concluded, please do not remain in the venue to meet with your player.
- Exit the stadium/gym into the parking area to your vehicles.
- Again, please do not congregate.