JEROMESVILLE (9/7/21)--Hillsdale Local Schools is excited to offer all its students free meals throughout the 2021-2022 school year regardless of their free or reduced-lunch eligibility.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved Hillsdale for free meals based on the percentage of Free and Reduced-Lunch eligible students in the district. They extended the National School Lunch Program Seamless Summer Option (SSO), which is typically only available during the summer months.
A la carte items, such as milk for those who pack, second lunches and ice cream, are not covered items under the program.
Prices for Second Meals
- Breakfast - $1.25
- Lunch - $2.50
Those who have a balance on their accounts may use it to:
purchase items not covered under the free meals
carry it over to the 2022-2023 school year
If you would like to put money on your child's account online, please go to PaySchools Central.
Find detailed directions to set up an account on our PaySchools Central page.
Eligibility to participate in the free meal program does not require any paperwork to be completed.
However, the district is requesting that families please complete this Household Information Survey by September 30, 2021, and return it to their child's school building to determine eligibility for other state and federal program benefits that may be available through their child's school, such as Hillsdale's school fees waiver.
The district is also encouraging Hillsdale families to still complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application (though, again, it is not necessary to receive this year's free meals).
- This helps the district qualify for additional federal funding and grant money that can be used to benefit all students in the district.
- Some families may choose not to complete the application because they do not need assistance with lunch costs, but that could be taking away a significant amount of money from the district.
Please contact Ora Flickinger with any questions pertaining to the school fees waiver or the Free and Reduced Lunch application at 419-368-8519 or email@example.com.
APPLY FOR FREE AND REDUCED LUNCH
The process is updated and easy.
- Log into the PaySchools account to complete the application.
The student ID that is requested is the same as the lunch code.
- If you do not have a code, please contact Food Services Director Ora Flickinger using the information at the bottom of this page.
- All information is 100% confidential and is not shared.
Locating the Free and Reduced-Lunch Application
On the right-hand side of the screen in the white section, there is a section three-quarters of the way down the column labeled "School District." Under that is the Free and Reduced-Lunch Application.