JEROMESVILLE (9/11/2020)--A false story has been making its rounds on social media that schools will keep children overnight (or multiple nights) if a child tests positive for COVID-19.
Hillsdale Schools wants to assure you this is false information.
- The district will never detain children overnight.
- The district is not conducting any COVID-19 testing.
If your child gets ill at school, the district's protocol is to contact the parent/guardian through the information provided on Final Forms.
- The child must then be picked up by an authorized adult at the earliest opportunity.
This is one of several reasons it's important to keep your contact information current.
- If you have not already done so this school year, please review and confirm your information and update it as needed.
Our nursing staff has updated the protocol under the current pandemic circumstances.
- Details can be found on this page.
The story apparently started by a misinterpretation of guidance found on the CDC website related to emergencies or evacuations during the school day.
- The suggestions do not pertain to confirmed cases of COVID-19.
If you have any questions, please contact Superintendent Steve Dickerson at