JEROMESVILLE (7/16/20, updated 7/30/20, updated 9/4/20)--The Hillsdale Local School District realizes some families may have concerns about their children returning to school in the building setting. For the 2020-21 school year, the district is offering a self-paced, completely virtual option as an alternative to in-person learning.
- Follows an Ohio Learning Standards-aligned curriculum, but one that will be different from that which is presented in our schools in the face-to-face or blended options.
- Courses, units and assignments will be assigned and monitored by Hillsdale teachers and can be customized for students (i.e., those on an IEP or 504 plan).
Teachers will be available to answer questions. A weekly check-in with your child's teacher will be required to discuss progress and potential concerns.
This curriculum is designed to be fully remote.
- Some students will be able to complete assignments with minimal to no assistance necessary.
- K-4 Students: it is highly recommended a learning support person who can assist with reading and understanding expectations.
- This curriculum is designed to be fully remote.
- Accessible 24-hours a day: Students can log into ProgressBook anytime or place they have internet access.
- Students are strongly encouraged to commit to a semester of virtual learning.
- Follows the approved school calendar: courses and assignments are scheduled around the district days off for breaks.
- Participate in school activities: join all extracurricular activities throughout the year, following the rules in the student handbook, including athletic eligibility, cheating consequences, graduation requirements, etc.
- The district has selected the Jefferson County ESC online curriculum and platform for our Virtual Classroom students.
Virtual Classroom Course Information and Required Materials
If you are interested in this option for your child, please register them using the following form by Friday, August 28. Once the form is completed and processed, you will receive an informational packet in the email address you provide. Please call Mr. Steve Dickerson at 419-368-8501 with any questions.
Following the form, please find a video demonstration of a course for each building level, as well as a document that provides a more detailed explanation of Hillsdale's Virtual Classroom.
Overview Video Series
How-To Videos Demonstrating Access through ProgressBook